Crochet star headband for little girl's head

After trying the first star appliqué, I made this second star into a headband.  For the star pointed corners, I crochet 3 chains, instead of 2 chains, as indicated in pattern.  Once star is made, I crochet the band using double crochet stitches, around 28 rows, each row with 6 double crochet stitches, including the turning chain.  To finish, I just join to the star motif using single crochet stitch.

A very short yarn stash buster project.   Headband suits a 4 year old girl, with head circumference of around 19" - 20 1/2" (48cm to 52cm).

This is the pattern where I got my star appliqué from:
http://www.lovecityblog.com/2013/07/crochet-love-star-applique.html#.VakNuGDHJwS

Materials used:

Pink 8 ply acrylic yarn
machine washable yarn
hook size 4.50mm

Measurement of headband:  19" (48cm) circumference x 3.25" (8cm)  height for the star motif.

This will be adorning my little girl's head soon.  Thanks for checking out what I am up to today.
crochet star motif

crochet star motif headband





Comments